I have nicked this from one of my favourite bloggers, Ian at http://mrwriteon.wordpress.com I have said before on this blog that I love the way he writes. I find I am drawn to good writers like I am to actors. I constantly fall for them and find them very sexy for no other reason than they are talented in a way I would like to be. Anyway, enough of that, go visit him – he’s great !
A little while ago, he posted fifty questions to answer and so I thought I would brazenly steal them and then save them for the right occasion. And given that today is my fiftieth birthday, what better time to use them….
1. Does anyone know your passwords beside yourself? No – and I barely know them myself as I keep forgetting them but refuse to write them down anywhere
2. What was the last thing you ordered at McDonalds? I really don’t like McDonalds or any other fast food outlet as the food always looks and tastes so plastic. Apart, that is, from a good old KFC bucket which is sinful and disgusting but I just can’t ever resist
3. Are you an emotional person? Yes, especially at the moment. Can’t decide whether I’m happy or sad about being 50. Laughing hysterically about nothing one minute and then sobbing uncontrollably the next. Pathetic!
4. Do you like your middle name? I haven’t got one!
5. Do you believe in love at first sight? I suppose so. Although really, it’s actually more an instant attraction as isn’t real love what develops as your relationship goes from strength to strength?
6. Does the person you like, know that you like them? I’m 50, not 15 !
7. What was the last thing you did? Woke up and wondered how I was going to get through today and decided to start by filling this in!
8. Wherefore art thou, number 8? What does that even mean??
9. Who was the last person you ate with? Well the husband just bought me up some coffee and toast, with a rose for my birthday, but he didn’t stay to eat with me as he could see I was writing. Think he thought I was doing something worthy, like the new script that I’m supposed to be working on!
10. What song are you listening to right now? No music, just the dulcet tones of Bill and Louise on BBC1’s “BreakfasT”
11. How’s the weather right now? Don’t know – it’s still darK!
12. Last person who called you? Mastercard – to find out if I am ever going to pay my bill !!
13. Last lie you told? That I’m not bothered about turning fifty
14. Last song you sang? “Crazy” at a birthday karaoke evening, just last night
15. Do you love anyone? My family…..when they’re not getting on my nerves
16. Lost a friendship over something stupid? I don’t think so
17. Last thing you drank? That coffee the husband just brought up
18. Last thing you ate? That hot buttered toast the husband just brought up
19. Where do you wish you were? Somewhere, anywhere, in Italy
20. Faked being sick to miss school? Never! As an only child, I loved school because it was just one big social club for me
21. What time did you wake up today? Far too early, after a night of tossing and turning and angsting unnecessarily about reaching half a century
22. Last person you talked to in person? Husband
23. Last person who made you laugh? Husband (He said I may be fifty but I was “still bloody damn sexy, man” – he doesn’t normally swear and that, along with the use of the word “man” is what made me laugh!)
24. What are you wearing right now? Still in bed, so just husband’s t-shirt
25. What’s the first thing you notice about the opposite sex? In order: eyes, hair, teeth, height, breadth, shoes. Same as a horse, I suppose
26. S’posed to do something with 26. Oh! Well…when I was 26, I got married
27. Where are you right now? Like I said, still in bed!
28. What day and date is it? It’s Tues 4th Feb – MY BIRTHDAY !!!
29. Did you go anywhere today? No, I’m STILL IN BED. Jeez….
30. What did you do there? In bed? Use your imagination. It is a birthday after all…..
31. What else are you doing today? Not sure yet. I think the family have a plan!
32. Are you watching TV? Yep!
33. Are you mature or immature? I aspire to be mature but my children say it is very immature that I start giggling whenever I hear rude words that end in -ck
34. Who are you closer to, your mum or your dad? Well, my dad is dead now so by default that leaves my mum
35. Thirty-five. That’s how old I was when my dad died
36. What school(s) did you go to? An infant, then junior, then high school
37. What’s the most annoying thing people say to you? “So, what are you up to now – still no job?”
38. Do you like music? Yes, I love it but my taste in music is quite wide and not at all cool. In fact, I’m slightly embarrassed by my playlist!!
39. Did you want to get married? Yes – I drew the wedding dress I wanted when I was six!
40. What does the number 40 evoke? I really enjoyed hitting 40 but once I got to 41, I was SO over it !
41. Where did you go on vacation last year? Actually we didn’t go away together on a big family holiday. With exams, work and projects over, the whole family had time off from early June and we had a massive staycation rediscovering our fabulous city of London which is always glorious in the summer. We went on days out and trips to the theatre and generally had a great time getting to know each other again. It was lovely!
42. Would you bungee jump? Don’t be stupid!
43. Do you like rollercoasters? No! But I get dragged along to a theme park every few months by the family where I try to put on a brave face. I have low blood pressure though and so once I’ve been on the first big ride, I spend the rest of the day in a daze, not really knowing where I am or what I’m doing!
44. Is there anything you wish for every summer? Hot sunny weather with plenty of time to go off on picnics and days out
45. Do you use chopsticks? You see, I think chopsticks are a brilliant weight loss gadget. I am so rubbish at using them that it takes me ages to finish everything and so I eat far less ! But I’m too proud to ask for a fork…
46. What’s your favorite meal of the day? Every meal…
47. Thinking of someone right now? No, only me!
48. Concerned about life right now? I have to admit it all feels a bit grim. Suddenly, I have an overwhelming feeling that I’m going though a major life event with some big worries and some very petty ones but I constantly feel I have to keep them all to myself and hold it together when really all I actually want to do is scream very loudly! Well, you did ask…..
49. Have you ever tripped going up the stairs? It happened as I was coming up from the Underground yesterday. Mortifying, but I pretended nothing had happened
50. How do you feel about the coming of fall? Fall?? Do you mean Autumn, or the Fall of Man because that’s far too philosophical to go into here. And Autumn is months away. I have written on this blog about how it is my favourite season, but once the rest of this awful month is over, we have gorgeous Spring and then the long lazy days of Summer to get through before then.
So, in spite of everything, I’m actually looking forward to this year. It should be fun!