Hmmm, once again, it’s been a while since I posted anything here. But I’ve been busy! VERY BUSY!!
Even so, I don’t really know where September went. It’s frightening when time passes so fast and you can’t really account for how you’ve spent it.
Thinking about it though….
– there has been some socialising as I’m still catching up with friends I haven’t seen for years, and lunches and evenings out take time!
– I helped organise a book fair for the Talking Newspapers charity that I am involved with
– I’ve been planning and buying a new luxury bathroom together with a separate shower room for the house. We’re waiting for delivery now and installation will hopefully take place at the start of next month. It would have been this month but I allowed myself to be talked into a new boiler by a very charming young salesman and that will be fitted in a couple of weeks but it means that we are going to have re-organise our kitchen as a result. More work…..
– I’ve led a couple of Church services and am organising two more for later in the year. I will have to write more about that some time soon as when I left the Beeb, I did seriously consider becoming a Methodist minister! I know that may come as a surprise to many, as those who know me will know that I enjoy drinking, flirting and have been known to swear like a trouper but that doesn’t change the fact that I have a deep faith. Too much about that to write here, but I’ll make a note that it’s a post for a future date….
– I’ve been teaching English to an amazing young Romanian girl who is so eager to learn that it has been an absolute pleasure and has made me consider whether that’s a possible career option
– I haven’t been writing much but I have been doing some acting. For a start, it looks as if I’ll be doing panto again this year (oh, yes I am!) so I’ve started familiarising myself with the script. OK, it’s not Shakespeare but I’m sure I can persuade myself that Dick Whittington has similarities to say, The Merchant of Venice !!! I’ve also been involved with a couple of immersive theatre/art installations which I absolutely loved and am booked to do some more again this month. And I’ve managed to get myself some medical role-play work which I have really enjoyed and plan to do more of that sort of thing in the future, along with some facilitation!
– I planned and organised a huge do for my Mum’s 70th birthday. I guess that’s what took most of my time as I really wanted it to be a success for her. The whole family had to pull together on the day to make it all happen including my daughter’s lovely boyfriend who worked so hard. Bless him! He must have slept for a week once that was over. I know for a fact it nearly killed me !!!
– The other thing that took lots out of me, physically and emotionally has been helping my son get ready for his new university life. We took him all the way up to Liverpool last week, really early on the day after my Mum’s big do when we were all so tired that we barely knew what we were doing. It was only when we got home that I realised my little boy has gone now, and I have spent this last week in a state of grief, calling him every few minutes and then having a stress attack when he doesn’t answer !!
I think I’ve sorted myself out now. Enough to get on with life again and back into some sort of a routine. Hopefully, I can keep better track of time now and it won’t be so long before I’m writing here again !